Thread: Hot oil

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Secretary

Default Hot oil

Hi guys,

mate and I took the kids for a day at Stockton last week, we had a great time. It was my first ever beach driving experience, didn't know what I was doing! Luckily my mate has plenty of experience with his ford ranger diesel. It was 40'c on the beach and we were on the upper soft sand when the auto started drifting into any old gear and the bells went off, with 'hot oil' message on the dash. I assumed the transmission oil was overheating and stopped straightaway.
    Rested for a bit and carried on towards Anna bay when it happened again. We let the jeep cool down again, while we all swam some more.
    Decided that Anna bay was too far, so we turned back towards lavis lane, this time staying on the harder stuff near the waters edge, which seemed it suit the jeep much better.
    no more dramas and left the beach ok.
    The ranger was amazing, lots of diesel grunt and nimble all over the sand. The petrol jeep in 4H felt like hard work in the soft sand.

Anyway, just sharing and interested in any transmission coolant solutions that may be around.
    cheers
    rich
    Attached Images Attached Images