PDA

View Full Version : Bridal Track 2013-10-19/20

jason.bond
16-10-13, 10:46 PM
Short notice I know, but I am planning on a trip up the Bridal Track this weekend.

It was closed some time ago (2010) due to a rock slide. I cant find any information on whether it is open or not at the moment, but I was going to go and check it out.

I plan on camping overnight.

Anybody else is welcome to join.

Myself + Wife + 6yr old son + 8yr old son

Jeep XJ.

Leaving Sydney Saturday 9am

Cheers
Jason

Dave
17-10-13, 09:49 AM
Eddy and I recced the Bridal Track from the Bathurst end in August last year - in case it was suitable for a D Grade Jambo trip. It was still blocked by a massive rock - only passable on foot or by trail bike.

When we spoke to the local tourism people we were told that there were no plans to fix it (then) because there was no way to get heavy earth moving equipment to the blockage.

That said, the drive in from Bathurst was great, scenic along the river, and some beaut camping spots. Unfortunately you may have to turn round and come back the next day. We did not try it from the Northern end.

Last, the tourism people in Bathurst mentioned that when the river is low, there is a point where it may be able to be crossed and exit that way - but we did not look for or try that. May be worth a stop at Bathurst tourist info before you start up the track.

Have a great trip,
Dave

Heidi
17-10-13, 11:40 AM
You can cross at Root Hog crossing. there is increasing pressure to reopen the road as it is affecting business's in the area

jason.bond
17-10-13, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up.
A stop in Bathurst sounds in order on the way through.
I will look up Hogs Crossing and see where it is.
The whole area looks interesting, and there looks to be good camp sites along the river.

I think I might see what these fires today do before heading out though. Last thing I want to deal with is a bushfire with blocked roads :-)

Cheers
Jason

Dave
17-10-13, 09:35 PM
I think I might see what these fires today do before heading out though. Last thing I want to deal with is a bushfire with blocked roads :-)

Cheers
Jason

Very Good Plan! Hope you do get out there and have a great weekend!

Dave

jason.bond
22-10-13, 08:10 AM
Hi guys.

I put this trip off due to the fires.

I will plan this as another trip next month.

Thanks for your advice, it will be put to good use.

I have just bought Mud Maps2, and it shows a river crossing that I assume might be Root Hog Crossing.

Cheers
Jason