PDA

View Full Version : JK Unlimited Bumpers

jl.brown
07-06-13, 11:20 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get some thoughts on front and rear bars.
Brand, pros and cons from experience.

looking to get rid of the park bench from the front of my '13 Rubi

redrubi
09-06-13, 12:45 AM
ARB aren't bad! But contact Mr Wooders he has lots of stuff!!

Paul-JK
09-06-13, 08:18 AM
There are certainly loads to choose from.

As far as I know ARB, TJM, DBOR & Uneek 4x4 are the only ones actually ADR tested. Others may well be ADR compliant (ie if they were tested they would pass) but they just haven't been tested. That means everything to some people and nothing to others.

My 10c (on a few that spring to mind).......
ARB - Not a bad looking bar but been around since the JK launched so it's quite common. Also quite heavy.
TJM - Again, been around since the launch of the JK but not as common as the ARB. I personally don't like it with it's totally flat top section but that's just me. As far as I know they are due to launch a new design soon which looks better
DBOR - Certainly not the prettiest but has the advantage of removable side sections to turn it into a stubby bumper for off road. Made locally in Melbourne.
Uneek 4x4 - Only recently launched, looks similar (but to my mind better) than the ARB bumper. Lot lighter as well. Made locally down in Melbourne. I know the guy who makes these and he knows his stuff so if I was to pick one I think this would be the one.
Rugged Ridge - Modular (like the DBOR bar) so you can add/take off the hoop & side wings. Can even get side wings with storage compartments in them I think.
Smittybilt - Similar in concept to Rugged Ridge but with a slightly different look
LOD - Look great but I think they only do a stubby or a mid width, not a full width

That's just a few but there are loads and loads more though. Have a look on sites like Quadratec in the US and you'll see just how many are available. Maybe better to have a look at see which one take your fancy then post up and ask peoples opinions on that select few.

Happy hunting!

Wallyd
10-06-13, 07:25 PM
AEV, my favourite bars and glad they were on my rubi when I bought it

TRBN8R
10-06-13, 10:11 PM
AEV, my favourite bars and glad they were on my rubi when I bought it

Got an AEV rear bar after a crash.... Rock solid bar, Easy to mount..... Holds about 15 litre of water..... Cant fid a fault with it......