PDA

View Full Version : June Long Weekend in and around Mudgee - CANCELLED

Dave
03-05-13, 11:40 PM
Sorry, trip cancelled, see last post page 2.

On our way back from the Outback NSW Trip we passed through Mudgee and thought it would be a great spot for a relaxing "get out of Sydney" trip for the long weekend in June - 8, 9 and 10 June.

I also have an ulterior motive, unfortunately my father passed away on May 3, that weekend is his birthday, and I am going to get my mother out of town to do something different! Don't worry, we wont be depressing!!

Anyway, I am proposing leaving Sydney on Saturday morning, meet at Richmond Maccas at a relaxed 9.00am (ish) and drive up the Bells Line, head in to Newnes for a picnic lunch and walk around the ruins, then continue on to Mudgee. There are spectacular eateries in Mudgee, including the Brewery, we will pick one for Saturday dinner.

Sunday could include a trip up to historic Gulgong, a tour of Mudgee wineries, anything really, find another nice place for dinner! Travel back to Sydney on Monday, perhaps via Capertee Valley or via Rylstone and Kandos, and see what we see on the way.

I have checked with the Caravan Parks up there, all cabins booked out. Mudgee Riverside Caravan and Tourist Park http://www.mudgeeriverside.com.au/index.html has powered sites for camping or camper trailers and is pet friendly. I have booked myself a motel - Best Western Wanderlight http://www.wanderlight.bestwestern.com.au/, and they still had some rooms.

I don't know if this trip will interest anyone, but I had to put it up and see. I'm not very organised, but Mudgee is beautiful and it could be fun!

Thanks
Dave

glend
04-05-13, 01:03 AM
Dave, I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your father.

Glen

Hunno
04-05-13, 01:37 AM
Sorry to hear Dave

up2nogood
04-05-13, 07:27 AM
Geez Dave, that's bad news. Best wishes to you and your family.
In spite of this, you're still out there making a huge effort for the club!

Cheers

Alex

shefy
04-05-13, 08:30 AM
Dave
My condolences to you and your family on your loss

Shefy

Dave
04-05-13, 11:38 AM
Post deleted by Dave

redrubi
04-05-13, 11:59 AM
Sorry to hear about your dad mate.

SteveC
04-05-13, 02:20 PM
Dave
Sorry to hear about your father & I hope you find a nice place to go.
Steve

ick72
04-05-13, 04:45 PM
Sorry to hear the news Dave but the trip was sounding great and we could of made it wishing your family all the best

Dave
04-05-13, 08:09 PM
Thanks everyone for your sympathy and best wishes, we are hanging in there.

Dave

AV8
04-05-13, 09:48 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Dave. Take it easy..

Maggie
07-05-13, 08:58 AM
I have starter for you Dave, new member Robert Scott and partner in a trailer camper. (he is still sorting out the forum). I have asked Robert to confirm once he has made his caravan park booking so will let you know.
Maggie.

Dave
07-05-13, 06:23 PM
Thanks Maggie. I have your email and will try and contact Robert. They said that they have booked camping, but I don't know which cara park. I hope it is Mudgee Riverside, as that is only a block from the motel I have booked. Eddy G is also considering coming along, it would be nice to get a few more, how about you and Reg?

Dave

Maggie
07-05-13, 07:26 PM
Good on you Dave, hope Eddie does decide to go with you and you get a few more takers. We were considering it until you said you couldn't get a cabin at the pet friendly caravan park. I am afraid our camping days are over and I don't think we can get a pet friendly motel.

Dave
19-05-13, 07:14 PM
Three weeks until the long weekend, and only one other taker for a great drive in the country up to Mudgee. Scenery, wine, great food, anyone else tempted?

Be great to have a bit more company!

Dave

Dave
26-05-13, 06:49 PM
With two weeks to go, only two takers including myself, and unfortunately more changed family circumstances, I am going to have to cancel this trip.

I have contacted RobertS & Partner to apologise, and have sent the trip notes I wrote up for Jambo last year for Newnes and Mudgee and emailed them to them if they still wish to go.

Thanks and sorry :-(

Dave