PDA

View Full Version : Capertee/ Mt Airley saturday 22/12/12

5teve
14-12-12, 08:42 PM
i'd like to go to mt airlie. i've never been there before so i'll need a trip leader.
not sure on dificulty, or trip grade. from pictures i saw B (correct me if i'm wrong).

trip limited to 10 including leader (this could be you) and me:smile-new:

meet at richmond meccas 7;45 to depart at 8;00 (time could be changed by leader)

Requirements: lift, tyres 33 in and over, 2 way radio, recovery points and good mood

stefan

attending:
1 ??? Tripleader ???
2 5teve-stefan
3 dieselcon
4 D.K. dave
5 ian c
6 jbrad
7 miraz
8 nekked

Dieselcon
14-12-12, 09:45 PM
Hey would like to join in... Not sure what Misses Clause has in mind... will check tomorrow.
Cheers

Jose

sfedek
14-12-12, 09:55 PM
I would like to go there too. Haven't been out since Jambo

Eddy

D.K.
14-12-12, 10:36 PM
Hi Stefan,

put me down as a probable.
I know the track, but not 100% sure i will be going

ian C
14-12-12, 11:19 PM
Yes please

jbrad
15-12-12, 05:20 PM
Im in! Long time since Ive done this trip.

Miraz
17-12-12, 12:37 PM
Put me on the list

Nekked
19-12-12, 10:26 PM
Yes yes yes!!! I've been dieing to do Airlie.

Count me in please.

Dieselcon
20-12-12, 07:03 PM
hi Guys.... Must pull out... Sorry.. have fun... be safe.... and a merry xmas to All...

Cheers
Jose

Chee

Dieselcon
21-12-12, 05:34 PM
OK just kidding... Im in, will meet you all at Richmond Maccas.

Yippee!!!!

sfedek
21-12-12, 07:13 PM
I would like to go there too. Haven't been out since Jambo

Eddy
Well there goes that idea.

Cant make this one. Have fun guys & merry xmas

Eddy

jeep_jk112
21-12-12, 08:03 PM
Hmm it's tempting and seeing as trip Isn't full "visitors" can attend...
Never been on a club trip and even though I was up there last weekend I doubt I could find a better way to spend another Saturday!
Scratched the crap out of my truck driving the " overgrown" track also...
Won't be doing that again haha!
Will make my mind up soon

Cheers
Matt

5teve
21-12-12, 08:44 PM
hi matt visitors are welcome on the trip.

Maggie
21-12-12, 09:20 PM
Hmm it's tempting and seeing as trip Isn't full "visitors" can attend...
Never been on a club trip and even though I was up there last weekend I doubt I could find a better way to spend another Saturday!
Scratched the crap out of my truck driving the " overgrown" track also...
Won't be doing that again haha!
Will make my mind up soon

Cheers
Matt

Hey Matt, you are a 'visitor' because your membership expired in November.

Maggie.

jeep_jk112
21-12-12, 09:44 PM
Hey Matt, you are a 'visitor' because your membership expired in November.

Maggie.

Hi maggie,
Yeh i am aware of that, but since i never really made an effort and went on any club trips during that time i just let it go....
Better now then never and go as a visitor, meet some new faces
Who knows they might put up a good arguement as to why i should "rejoin" haha!

Ahh stuff it i'm in!
Just so i don't get my wires crossed where is richmond maccas?
Jeep is still covered in last weeks dirt/ mud, its been a loooong week at work -_-

jbrad
21-12-12, 09:51 PM
Looks like a nice small group of us. Who knows it well enough to lead? I did it 18 months ago and don't even remember if there were side tracks. Do we need permission to enter the property? Looking forward to it - don't forget your Santa Hats! Glad to see you back on the list Jose.

Dieselcon
21-12-12, 10:12 PM
Sweet.... Matt check out 2001it will be heaps of fun again...
It will be a nice group...like always:)
Cheers
Jose

jeep_jk112
21-12-12, 10:30 PM
Looks like a nice small group of us. Who knows it well enough to lead? I did it 18 months ago and don't even remember if there were side tracks. Do we need permission to enter the property? Looking forward to it - don't forget your Santa Hats! Glad to see you back on the list Jose.
i do, and yeh there are other side tracks. i've pretty much covered them all now, nothing like the main track though (just old tracks that have been cut in to access mine sites i guess???
That overgrown trig track was pretty sweet (whole other view of the place) but not in hurry to drive that again.... for obvious reasons
it shouldn't take to long to drive the track, so depending on what everyones plans are there is another track, the masses seem to miss (probably cos 4wd action never filmed it)
its a very easy trail though, which offers yet another alternate (and just as awsome view of the place)

thanks jose
See you guys there!

jeep_jk112
21-12-12, 10:31 PM
You have a bit of a drive ahead jose, no wonder why you like yalwal so much haha!

Dieselcon
23-12-12, 09:37 AM
Thanks to Matt for leading this trip awesome day... Will prepare a video of the day hopefully by tomorrow. Cheers jose

Dieselcon
23-12-12, 07:38 PM
My latest and greatest iMovie is now available on YouTube. You can view it at:

Jurassic Park Mt Airlie 4x4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1OhGSxi3VU
Enjoy!

Cheers

Jose

jeep_jk112
23-12-12, 07:57 PM
My latest and greatest iMovie is now available on YouTube. You can view it at:

Jurassic Park Mt Airlie 4x4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1OhGSxi3VU
Enjoy!

Cheers

Jose

Looks like i logged on at the right time!
Great video jose, was put together well.
Glad i could attend this trip and finally get to show my brother this amazing place!
He will have a jk soon, but will be respresentin' from darwin......
You need to camp up there though and take the time to explore all the place has to offer!

Cheers,
Matt

jbrad
23-12-12, 10:26 PM
Mate, awesome job of the video upload. I am really impressed. Jeannine and I had a great day out. Thanks to everyone for comming along.

nitrobrent
24-12-12, 12:12 AM
Great video Jose,just makes me want to get there even more.

Dieselcon
24-12-12, 08:02 AM
Matt you are absolutely correct...I think the next time I do Jurassic park I will be camping, enjoying even more of the place and the great company. Thanks nitro glad you enjoyed, join us on the next camping outing...
I wish I got more footage of wheeling however I was slowing the group down too many times, but I think it was a good mix. The jeeps made the trail too easy hence no need for any of us to get out and help. So glad I bought a jeep, it's very embarrassing in anything else.. Lol
Merry Xmas guys and girls.
Cheers Jose

D.K.
24-12-12, 08:32 AM
Yep, great Vid, Jose.
Nice editing and i like the video in film strip transition effect. Who's the artist and title of the sound track? - i like it!

Cheers
Dave

SteveC
24-12-12, 10:40 AM
Well done Jose. It makes you want to go there for sure

shefy
24-12-12, 05:40 PM
Looks absolutely great, have tried to get out of working this Saturday to go out on this one but shot down.....:heart-borken:
Oh well, got out of working next Saturday......... Yay

Dieselcon
24-12-12, 07:02 PM
Dave

Music by Breaking Benjamin

Shallow Bay: The Best Of Breaking Benjamin [Explicit]

Cheers

Jose

nitrobrent
24-12-12, 08:58 PM
Matt you are absolutely correct...I think the next time I do Jurassic park I will be camping, enjoying even more of the place and the great company. Thanks nitro glad you enjoyed, join us on the next camping outing...
I wish I got more footage of wheeling however I was slowing the group down too many times, but I think it was a good mix. The jeeps made the trail too easy hence no need for any of us to get out and help. So glad I bought a jeep, it's very embarrassing in anything else.. Lol
Merry Xmas guys and girls.
Cheers Jose

I'm so there Jose.
Would have come on this trip,but had a xmas party for the families that were in Westmead NIC when our kids were there.We still get together once a year,and people were flying from Adelaide.