PDA

View Full Version : The Pinnacles Sunday 11 November 2012

SteveC
24-10-12, 10:51 AM
Not much action since Jambo so here goes:

This would be rated as moderate wheeling but lot's of fun with several water crossings and areas yet to be discovered.

With great BBQ area near the river - so bring your stuff to cook.

All type of Jeeps welcome but moderate modification is always a plus.

Need the usual recovery points and recovery gear. There are several water crossings so a blind or tarp may be advisable depending on water levels.

This trip will proceed only if weather permitting.

The Pinnacles, starts about 44k north of Lithgow at Capertee. Ends around Sunny corner, though we may back track and exist back at Capertee.

When -- Sunday, 11 November 2012,

Meet -- 7.30am @ Richmond Macdonalds for 8am departure.

Grade -- B- / C+
Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, UHF radio, food/drinks of choice. A camera would be good for reference.

This run is limited to any number of vehicles ..............

Post up.

Regards
Steve
Ph 0411-853859

1. SteveC
2. Dobbo56
3. Bear
4. Big Blue
5. Black
7. Rainman
8. Jeepney
9. Shefy

dobbo56
24-10-12, 12:29 PM
Yep, put me down thanks Steve, David D. JK.

Bear
24-10-12, 02:38 PM
Put us on the list please Steve.

Bear

Steven.Boyd
24-10-12, 04:43 PM
You going to go down that dead end track I showed you ?

Wolfe
24-10-12, 08:17 PM
Good job Steve :)

SteveC
24-10-12, 08:45 PM
You going to go down that dead end track I showed you ?
But Steven - Of course - I have you to test it out with your new COOOOOPEEEERS. yipee

SteveC
24-10-12, 08:48 PM
Good job Steve :) Well.......Are you coming along ??

Steven.Boyd
24-10-12, 10:06 PM
Sorry I will be in Perth for a mates Wedding.

Am get back on Tuesday 13th, I am free the next weekend

Testing the new tyres this Sunday at Wheeny Creek

bigblue
24-10-12, 10:35 PM
I'm in Steve
thanks

SteveC
25-10-12, 09:15 AM
Sorry I will be in Perth for a mates Wedding.

Am get back on Tuesday 13th, I am free the next weekend

Testing the new tyres this Sunday at Wheeny Creek

No problems Steve- This weekend I'm going to do some fishing and hunting at Gurnang State Park with a mate.

gp
25-10-12, 03:36 PM
Steve
I would like to go.
Regards John Clark

ian C
25-10-12, 05:29 PM
Yes please, Steve.

Paul-JK
26-10-12, 11:18 PM
Hi Steve,

Can I put my name down for this as well? Sounds like a good day out and it'd be good to get a chance to see how your new JK goes.

Thanks,

Paul

Wolfe
27-10-12, 07:10 AM
Well.......Are you coming along ??

Are you kidding? I'm still paying off my soul to the dark lord

rainman
27-10-12, 08:40 AM
I Would like to come as well.
regards,
Rein.

jeepney
29-10-12, 11:22 PM
Please count me in, Steve. James Mac

shefy
30-10-12, 01:18 PM
Looks like a great initiation for a new member, would love to join.

Paul-JK
30-10-12, 02:25 PM
Just found out my front drivers side spring has been hitting the end of the sway bar when it's disconnected off road. Looks like I'm going to have to play with the adjustable control arms and get the wheel alignment re-looked at and hopefully stop it from happening. I'll hopefully get it sorted this week so should still be OK for the trip.

Bear
08-11-12, 09:12 PM
Steve, after discussion with you at the meeting re:- the lunch break on this trip.

Will there be sufficient time allocated for Maggie to BBQ some sausages for lunch?

Bear.

SteveC
09-11-12, 08:22 AM
Bear
Bbq is good. Thats what ill be bringing along. Lunch wont be rushed. I cant recall if bbqs are there But
Bunnings hve these portable cylinder gas thingy for. <$14. They worked really well when i used one a few weeks ago
Steve

shefy
10-11-12, 01:58 PM
Hi Paul
What time would you be leaving to Richmond in the morning? would it be OK to travel together as I'm not 100% with that area.
Shefy.

SteveC
10-11-12, 03:28 PM
Shefy
If you want, unless Paul arranges something else - The easiest place to meet is Richmond Macdonalds, Right next door to the Richmond Railway Station.

shefy
10-11-12, 03:42 PM
Steve
Just don't travel out that way much, do have GPS but thought it would be easier to follow someone who's done it before and knows the way and travel times.

SteveC
10-11-12, 03:57 PM
Shefy
You'll probably come through (Chatswood-ish area via Warringah Road, then on towards M2 at the Lane Cove Entry or Deli Road, From that point starting at M2 it should take you about 30-40 minutes to get to Richmond. The M2 will change to the M7, Then take Richmond Road exit on left (easy to see) and continue till you reach Richmond.............look for Macdonalds

Paul is at Warriewood, more convenient & on the way. If you don't hear from Paul or feel uncomfortable, let me know.

Hunno
10-11-12, 05:39 PM
Don't forget to do a Trip Register & have great day

SteveC
10-11-12, 05:54 PM
Hunno - will do BUT why don't you come "along" and provide one ? ? ? ?

Paul-JK
10-11-12, 07:36 PM
Sorry guys, but I'm out for tomorrow. Just realised I've been double booked so can't make it.

Shefy, the quickest way is straight down Mona Vale Rd, onto the M2, then M7, turn off at Richmond Rd and follow that all the way to Richmond. At that time of the morning it'll take about an hour to an hour and a quarter. If you want to avoid the tolls then I'd say Mona Vale Rd, Pacific Hwy to Hornsby, then Pennant Hills Rd, Castle Hill Rd, Pennant St, Showground Rd, then Windsor Rd all the way to Windsor and then on to Richmond. That'll take longer though, maybe an hour and a half.

Have fun!

shefy
10-11-12, 08:04 PM
Thanks for that Paul.

SPQR
10-11-12, 10:21 PM
Steve,put me on the list please will see you at Ricmond Maccas regards Dick.

Hunno
10-11-12, 11:25 PM
Hunno - will do BUT why don't you come "along" and provide one ? ? ? ?

Love to, but there just isn't enough hours in the day when I work 12 of them.

dobbo56
11-11-12, 10:34 PM
Trip Report, sort of.
7 jeeps went on this trip, led by Steve C. the tracks were very dry and dusty and the river crossings very low but we had a pleasant drive to our lunch stop complete with twenty seven MILLION fly's, after lunch we decided to go across to Ben Baal, we said hoo roo to Maggie & Bear and The Two James the rest of us heading into a very entertaining afternoon, the run in to Alex's big mud hole was uneventful untill Steve C decides to see how good a mud runner his new JKU is, WINCH JOB. then our newest member Shefy popped a linkage out of his transfer box, in the middle of a muddy chicken track, the one all the wise people took, anyway a group effort got him going again if only in high range, and home we all headed. a good fun day was had by all i think, thanks to Steve for organizing todays trip. Doggy Dave..

SteveC
12-11-12, 11:09 AM
Photos please and the video ........ooops

shefy
12-11-12, 12:39 PM
Hi Steve.
Thanks so much for yesterday, a good day.
Maggie mentioned you still might have some club polo shirts left although maybe not my size..
Are there any and if not will there be anymore coming?
Cheers, Shefy.

SteveC
12-11-12, 08:31 PM
Shefy - I hope you get the TJ fixed - seems a simple issue so we'll see you again soon

Unfortunately the shirts are all gone and I suspect not another lot for quite a long time as we need to run minimum 25 shirts.

shefy
13-11-12, 05:49 PM
Hi Steve & All
Firstly, I woul'd like to thank you all again for coming to my help and getting me going, a special thanks to Big Blue and his long shaft screw driver.
All I can say is thank god we didn't have the right key for that bash plate, I forgot it's also a cross member and supporting the transmission which has to be supported before removing this very heavy plate (and it's 22 bolts).
The TJ went on the hoist first thing this morning, the shaft (link) came out with the bushing (little green one) and after pushing it back in we drilled the shaft next to the mount opposite and popped an R clip that will now act as a stopper for any future sideway movement again. Problem solved.
This experience has shown me that joining the SJC was a great choice and I look forward for many more trips and meeting the other members and participating in the club's activities and again, thank you.

bigblue
13-11-12, 11:54 PM
Hi guys!!
Me and the old man had a great day!! He hasnt stopped talking about it. :)

Thanks again to Steve C for leading an awesome trip.

And Steve.. If you hadn't gotten stuck in that bog hole I would have missed doing my first snatch rescue..

As for all of us getting stuck in and helping Shefy get back rolling again.. Well it's that sort of thing that builds a great club and gives everyone that bit of extra confidence knowing that the guys you go out with will do everything they can to get you home!!

Drew