Heidi
10-04-12, 11:11 AM
*** To be rescheduled ***

Where -- Capertee NP
When -- Saturday 14th April – Sunday 15th April
Meet -- Capertee Rest Area - Mudgee Road
Time -- 10:00
Grade -- d and c
Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice , camera. Capertee is nearest fuel and facilities
This run is unlimited
Further info contact --- Heidi Lawson 043 8989 793

Capertee NP on Saturday 14th April – Sunday 15th April.

Capertee National Park is located in the Capertee Valley NSW.

Highlights: The open eucalypt forest and river oaks along the banks of the Capertee River are a must for birdwatchers. The dawn chorus of birds is one of the best you will ever hear. The grassy box woodlands make this park ideal for exploring on foot.

Activities: There are opportunities for remote bushwalking (no formal tracks), mountain biking, and there's car-based camping. The river offers swimming after wet periods. There are also a few tracks we can drive on within the park. The park care taker has some great old jeeps on site as well.
Access: 200 km north-west of Sydney, turn Right at Capertee and follow the signs to Glen Alice, then follow Glen Alice Road and turn left into Port Macquarie Road. From here the road is a good gravel road to the park. (park entrance is gated)

Camping
Free camping along the grassy banks of the Capertee River. Numerous sites exist for both large and small groups. The park is suitable for camping trailers, and you will always find a quite spot beside the river to camp. The park currently has no toilet facilities and we ask people to bury their toilet waste well away from the river, or bring a portable toilet. There are limited picnic tables and campfire facilities.

Attending:

(no limit)

Wolfe
10-04-12, 07:57 PM
too soon to coffs for me I have to pay back the missus for my playtime :( maybe another time, dont forget to log tracks :couple_inlove:

Heidi
13-04-12, 05:40 PM
We have descided to postpone this trip I will post the updated details soon - Heidi