PDA

View Full Version : Changing headlight globes on a JK

Bear
14-01-12, 01:39 PM
Thanks Hunty for explaining how to change the headlight globes on a JK.

Hunty
14-01-12, 03:08 PM
Thanks Hunty for explaining how to change the headlight globes on a JK.

Hey Bear
I agree - it was nice to talk on the phone this morning without the conversation centring on what I may or may not have done wrong, and the resultant associated @ss kicking LoL

For those of you with JK's - the advice I gave Reg was;

Using a butter knife and phillips head screw driver carefully screw up whilst lifting gently with the butter knife the little plastic screws that secure the plastic grill (with Jeep on it in chrome)

remove the orange blinkers by turning them a quarter turn (they will just come straight out of the grill) remove the 4 screws that surround the glass headlight (chrome frame) and change the globe from the front of the Jeep.

IMHO don't even bother to change them from inside the engine bay :)

cheers Hunty

aussiejk
14-01-12, 06:31 PM
bit more complicated with some after market bars I have a ARB one the hole front bar has to come off

Hunty
14-01-12, 10:22 PM
bit more complicated with some after market bars I have a ARB one the hole front bar has to come off

LoL............

1stJeep
15-01-12, 11:04 AM

Really? I didn't have the same problem... All I had to do is take out the little overflow tank on one side and it was fairly easy, no more than 10 minutes.