PDA

View Full Version : Wrenchin' day?

Will2003tj
08-01-11, 02:23 PM
Hi Guys,

So ive come to a few things left to do on the jeep that im not confident doing without help... Left to do...

1) Rear coil bucket relocation.

I have the genright kit so just need to cut the old buckets off and weld the new ones on. I have a mig welder with plenty of gas / wire. I have an angle grinder but it would be much easier with a smaller cut off wheel, like a 50mm air grinder / cutter. If someone has air tools and a compressor that would make it much easier!!

2)

Extended front brake lines.

3)

Sanding and painting profotofab front bar and installing with winch. I could manage this by myself, and it depends if the front bar comes in time. Jobs 1 & 2 are priority...

Would be at kenthurst, sydney and i would ofcourse buy beers and food for a bbq.

Post up if your keen...

Cheers!

bradleyfutter
10-01-11, 02:38 PM
Hey Will, I'd be more than happy to come by and help, maybe I could get a hand from some people at the same time with some work on my Jeep.

I've got a mini spit roast i can bring along, can stick on a leg of lamb and have lamb rolls, cant beat lamb when its fresh off the spit roast !!

Brad

Hunno
10-01-11, 04:12 PM
I have my daughter every 2nd weekend so I'm avalible for this weekend(saturday after midday, Sunday Ok) or the fortnight after & so on.

Will2003tj
10-01-11, 10:45 PM
Hey brad i was thinking about that today. Could get your servicing done easy. We have a lot of space, its kind of like a holiday house. Could wash up all the jeeps too if we have time at the end of the day.

Spit roast sounds tasty! haha

This weekend should be fine ill have to double check and confirm tomorrow. Im thinking saturday hunno but it depends on everyone else im flexible...

Is this weekend okay for you Brad? Im hoping i can get some other guys down to help out too.

sfedek
10-01-11, 11:12 PM
Hey guys, great idea. I need to somehow change my front bump stops in the XJ. Glad to help out if i could get some help on this too.
I might need to borrow some spring compressors though. I don't have any.
Please let me know your thoughts guys. This weekend sounds good.
Eddy

Hunty
10-01-11, 11:24 PM
Happy to lend my spring compressors - when I get home! 16th Jan
cheers Hunty

bradleyfutter
11-01-11, 12:25 AM
Saturday might be hard for me, but Sunday is good? But don't reschedule for me if it's not convenient?

khalak
11-01-11, 11:35 AM
I can come along and lend a hand, not this weekend though, free the next couple though.

Will2003tj
11-01-11, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the interest guys! would be a big help.

Does anyone have air tools to bring, ie cut off wheels that are manourverable? And anyone have some experience in MIG welding?

Hunno
11-01-11, 04:59 PM
have some experience in MIG welding?

Yer I can blow a hole in just about anything. lol
Sorry not for a long time & even then was at best crappy.

85cj7
11-01-11, 09:13 PM
And anyone have some experience in MIG welding?

Pick up a plane ticket for me from Wellington to Sydney and i'll work for the next week to get everyones stuff done. Ha ha. Good luck with everything guys, wish I was still in Sydney to help out.

Will2003tj
12-01-11, 12:33 PM
Well guys this weekend on the Saturday is a go ahead.

Can you confirm if your coming and the time you will be here?

Then ill PM you my adress

Anytime you can come is fine, but i will be starting at 9am. I am going to go and buy the air tool i need to cut the buckets off. Does anyone have a compressor? otherwise i will be forced to buy a cheapy from supercheap...

Cheers

Will2003tj
12-01-11, 02:09 PM
9.30 / ten now guys just to give me time to go buy service stuff my Brad's and my jeep

Hunno
12-01-11, 08:21 PM
Saturdaytime is limited, midday-ish for a couple of hung over hours.

Will2003tj
12-01-11, 10:41 PM
Haha thats fine Hunno, understandable

Will2003tj
12-01-11, 10:49 PM
Hey Sfedek are you coming? im not allowed to PM you my address / mobile number because of your user preferences....

Cheers

sfedek
12-01-11, 11:27 PM
I got no idea why i cannot get PM's but my# is 0407-074-085 sms me please. I will try to fix it asap.
I am in for the better part of the day. Will need to leave around 3
Or ejuniassociates@iprimus.com.au
Eddy

Maggie
13-01-11, 10:27 AM
I got no idea why i cannot get PM's but my# is 0407-074-085 sms me please. I will try to fix it asap.
I am in for the better part of the day. Will need to leave around 3
Or ejuniassociates@iprimus.com.au
Eddy

Hi Eddy,
If you go into forum you should see a tab with FORUM ACTIONS .... if you click that you should get a drop down menu forum settings. In there is where you need to tick the box that says enable private messaging. Hope this helps. There are a few other boxes in there also that you may or may not want to be actioned. Don't forget to go to the bottom of the page and click save changes.

Maggie.

Maggie.