PDA

View Full Version : Ourimbah 19 Sept

goldeneagle05
25-08-09, 03:11 AM
So who is up for another trip, will do tracks we did not get to last time and what we did b4 in reverse direction and for those who want to we can do the rock garden. Meet macas tugg 9am.

Flatfender
25-08-09, 09:18 AM
Put my name down Olly
Thanks
Ian W.

PureCaboose
25-08-09, 11:50 AM
Hey,

Put me down as a 99% probably......

Greg

D.K.
25-08-09, 01:02 PM
Yes please, Olly.

TRBN8R
25-08-09, 01:27 PM
Please count me in mate.

Cheers
Mani

SteveC
25-08-09, 08:45 PM
Heck - Can't you do Sunday? I work every Saturday.

Wolfe
26-08-09, 12:05 AM
i'm keen

vhdzine
26-08-09, 10:43 AM
I'm in!

V
:D

sbadman
26-08-09, 10:49 AM
At this stage it looks like I'm clear for the 19th. Put me tentatively down for now!

coops
27-08-09, 07:59 PM
I'm in

Cheers Coops

AussieCJ7
04-09-09, 11:21 AM
Count me in ;D

easy_rider
04-09-09, 12:05 PM
I am in!

Martin

PureCaboose
06-09-09, 02:56 PM
I am a maybe at this stage as we may be moving house this weekend. I will let you know as we get closer.

PureCaboose and the Bubble Bee

rainman
09-09-09, 09:00 PM
Is this trip OK for a stock XJ sport?
Also is that the tuggerah Maccas opposite the train station on the pacific highway or the other one?

goldeneagle05
10-09-09, 12:46 PM
The crew so far is Me, Vhdzine,Coops,Flatfender,DK,TRBN8R,Wolfe,Aussiecj7 ,Easyrider, and 3 maybes, Purecaboose,Sbadman,Rainman.
The trip can be done by standard cars but not all of it, I done a recy last weekend and a female with her three kids, husband and girlfriend? done most of trip without stopping but not the real hard bits when lockers are required or not its your choice but there are ways around or just watch. The Macs is at the station. So if those maybes can post a yes or no next week to finalise numbers. If u dont turn up ring me on 0458498489 so we dont hang around waiting as wwe did last trip. Peter

azasjeep
10-09-09, 04:45 PM
I guess seeing ive only been wheeling twice this year and live 2 minutes away i better attend :) The blacktj of death is back

rainman
10-09-09, 07:23 PM
I'm in.

spud
12-09-09, 06:07 AM
would like to go :P

sbadman
12-09-09, 06:57 PM
It's unlikely I'll be able to make it. I've got the manifold but doubt I'll be able to get it installed, pink slipped and registered by next weekend :(

Got the manifold on yesterday, so if it passes pink slip today, I'm back in the game :D

TRBN8R
15-09-09, 07:09 AM
Hi guys

Just returned from a 3 day shoot with Roothy 4wd Action magazine. I tried to convince him to join us on the trip but he had to go to Brisbane. Bear has almost convinced him to come to Bylong. Roothy will try to convince his production manager to cover the trip to bylong if possible. Anyway I will post the link to the web album as soon as I upload it.

Another good news his camera guy has a TJ and he iswilling to join the club. Also he might cover some of the clubs modified rigs in future for his mag. I have invited him to join us on the trip to Ourimbah as a guest of the club and he has agreed to come if his schedule permits. I think we r on our way to get a few of our jeeps featured in the mag.

So keep one space for Allan the camera guy on this trip.

Cheers
Mani

sbadman
15-09-09, 10:26 AM
It didn't pass, he picked up another exhaust leak in the tail pipe after the muffler. I'm going away for 3 days from tomorrow for work so I'm definitely out :(

vhdzine
15-09-09, 11:03 AM
I thought that's what gaffa tape was for?!?

;)

V

sbadman
15-09-09, 11:24 AM
I thought that's what gaffa tape was for?!?

;)

V

Gaffa on a hot exhaust pipe......that's a worrying concept. I've had to deal with electrical tape after being exposed to the heat of a roof space, not very nice! :P

Bear has called me up with the offer of some muffler bandage, but Ourimbah will still be up to Kay having time to get to the pink slip place while I'm away!

My main focus is Bylong, I'll get it towed there if need be! :D

vhdzine
15-09-09, 11:41 AM
I'll snatch you to Bylong.... ;)

SteveC
15-09-09, 07:56 PM
Hi guys

Just returned from a 3 day shoot with Roothy 4wd Action magazine. I tried to convince him to join us on the trip but he had to go to Brisbane. Bear has almost convinced him to come to Bylong. Roothy will try to convince his production manager to cover the trip to bylong if possible. Anyway I will post the link to the web album as soon as I upload it.

Another good news his camera guy has a TJ and he iswilling to join the club. Also he might cover some of the clubs modified rigs in future for his mag. I have invited him to join us on the trip to Ourimbah as a guest of the club and he has agreed to come if his schedule permits. I think we r on our way to get a few of our jeeps featured in the mag.

So keep one space for Allan the camera guy on this trip.

Cheers
Mani

Mani, what's the story about this photo shoot? explain please

goldeneagle05
15-09-09, 11:11 PM
play list so far, Flatfender
Coops
Vhdzine
D.K. The video man
TRBN8R
Wolf
Aussiecj
Easyrider
Ayasjeep
Rainmaker
Spud
Sbadman if he can buy his new pink slip to go with his shoes :o :)
Photo guy
My friend stuart

If your left off just add name and dont forget to ring if u cant come on the day so we wont wait for nothing.

TRBN8R
16-09-09, 08:45 PM
Hi Ollie
Allan the camera guy for the mag can't mOe it as a shoot has come up. So he called me up and apologised for if.

Hey Steve c

I baught my jeep in february this year and stupid me went 4wding on my own at zig zag and sure enough got myself bogged. And when I flagged a group of 4wders they turned out to be the camera guys from the magazine. They pulled me out and captured the recovery on video. And last month I got an email from them that they r of a shoot in lithgow Mt walker area with Roothy and if I would like to be a volunteer which I accepted. So spent three days with roothy driving around Mt walker area. So that's the story behind the shoot with roothy.

Cheers
Mani uod

spud
16-09-09, 09:09 PM
im out have to work now sorry guys >:(

Wolfe
16-09-09, 10:27 PM
sorry I have to drop out :'(

PureCaboose
17-09-09, 03:33 PM
I had a house application REJECTED...so now I need to go house hunting again....already have a few booked up for saturday so no 4WDing for me again....damn this stupid house hunting. I really want to give the KM2's a good run..

PureCaboose

BlakJaK
18-09-09, 12:43 PM
I'm in! I hope I survive to go to Wheeny Creek on Sunday!

Ash

PONYKID
18-09-09, 04:28 PM
The trip can be done by standard cars but not all of it

Standard cars or standard 4WDs? Scott & I wanted to go but the XJ is still out of action.

BlakJaK
18-09-09, 11:02 PM
Are you kidding? If not, it's 4WD only. Standard Jeeps and Patrols find it challenging.
Ash

TRBN8R
19-09-09, 06:13 AM
Hey Ash
By standard cars he means 4wd vehicles and not commodore type vehicles. You will find a lot of times we refer to our vehicles as cars.

Cheers
Mani

It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog that matters.

azasjeep
19-09-09, 04:47 PM
Top day out thanks all looking forward to seeing some pics

sbadman
19-09-09, 05:05 PM
Top day out thanks all looking forward to seeing some pics

And a trip report ;)

goldeneagle05
19-09-09, 07:25 PM
Can all ppl with good photo and video send to me in mp4is not to big to play at oct meeting on cd, thanks guys, bluejeep@three.com.au

D.K.
19-09-09, 10:21 PM
Stay tuned - trip report will be up tomorrow night :)

easy_rider
20-09-09, 12:00 AM
Hi!

See selection of pics from today's trip to Ourimbah. Let me know if you want me to send you any in full size.

http://cid-dbd8557fb8114b88.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Ourimbah%20with%20Sydney%20Jeep%20CLub?lc=3081

... and thank you for organising it! It was fun! :-)

Regards,

Martin

easy_rider
20-09-09, 01:29 AM
If the link in the previous post doesn not work, try:

http://picasaweb.google.com/easyriderCZ/OurimbahWithSydneyJeepClub#

vhdzine
20-09-09, 08:47 AM
Some great shots there Martin.

V

goldeneagle05
20-09-09, 08:21 PM
Great photos Martin and thanks for your help on the day, Peter

D.K.
20-09-09, 09:05 PM
Never having been to Tuggerah's world famous Scottish family restaurant before, I missed the turn off for it and I was heading toward The Entrance before I twigged something wasn't quite right - and why I am now writing this trip report!

After joining the convoy (which consisted of:)

Olly
FlatFender
vhdzine
Trbn8r
BlakJak
AzasJeep
Easyrider
AussieCJ7
Rainman
Stuart (Patrol)
D.K.

15 minutes late as they pulled out of the Maccas exit,in Anzac Rd, Olly led the convoy of Jeeps out and we headed at a sedate pace to Palmdale. The start of the bush driving proper started at a right turn up a hill which is signposted "Wallaby Rd" but on the Wyong 1:25000 map it is called "Middle Ridge Road" whish is the main thoroughfare heading north up through Ourimbah State Forest.

All the tracks in this area basically run off left or right from this main dirt rd.
The morning was spent negotiating some of the milder tracks which run off the main drag which everybody drove without any major problems.
Rainman (Ryan) in his stock XJ did especially well with a bit of right foot, road building and an odd snatch when required.
Trbn8r (Mani) was the "snatch guy of the day" snatching the XJ and then later in the day we came across some guys in a Pajero setting up a hand winch on a well known steep and rutted short incline. Mani was a bit enthusiastic in his snatch execution and the Pajero came flying up the hill almost tearing off the plastic trim on the side. Luckily the guys seemed unphased by this.

We stopped for morning tea by a rock slab and boulders where people showed off their wheel flex while Flatfender,AzzasJeep,Easyrider,VDHzine and BlkJck entertained us with some rock and tree gymnastics.

After a few more tracks we headed down what is probably Grassy Nob rd which is an intersting bit of driving where care is needed to avoid tipping into a tree or two. At the end of this main track a narrow track dives down steeply into the depths ...myself and easyrider walked down all the way to the bottom. The top half is gnarly enough and would be a seriously tippy proposition for a shorty like a TJ ...but the bottom half is in a different league and looks very sustained to drive down and back up. This would be a great challenge for drivers with excessively large testicles. Definitely full on A grade.
We drove back out to the top of Grassy Nob Rd where we stopped for lunch. Olly pointed to an area on the left of the track which is known as the "Rock gardens."
AzzasJeep and myself drove this section first along the less challenging way and then AzzasJeep made his way back through the rockledges and boulders - a great piece of technical driving, a pleasure to watch.

Flatfender and AzzasJeep bid us farewell at around this time as their day pass was about to expire.

We carried on and went up the rutted incline that had stopped the Pajero earlier in the day. Mani drove this section effortlessly showing how good the traction control on the longwheel base JK's is, when combined with a mild suspension lift.

Stuart in the (LSD only) stock Nissan Patrol had a bit of a fight on this section and not wanting to be embarrassed by the American badge used momentum to propel the vehicle upwards. He made it but took out his passenger side step in the process!

Continueing on, Olly showed us the top of a steep descent which Mani, Easy Rider, BlakJak(Ash) and myself drove down and then back up, good fun without being white knuckle.

Most of the crew where obviously gagging to get there vehicles dirty so we found a big mudhole which everybody (except a wussy green TJ, that is!) wallowed in for a while.

The final track of the day was a tricky little powdery offcamber affair with a technically interesting start and low traction terrain further up.
Olly, BlkJck Trbn8r, Easyrider and myself managed this with varying degrees of ease.
BlkJck in his diesel JK showed the advantage of great low rev, low down torque to crawl up at a really slow pace.
Easyrider with his great looking and very capable shorty JK rubicon combined with his trailbike experience took a more direct line than the other drivers - making it look "too easy" as they say. Olly, of course drove it in his usual nonchalent style. For my part I was feeling a bit unfocused and took a couple of goes to get around the first obstacle.

We then headed out to the servo by the Ourimbah interchange where we aired up and said our farewells till next time.

Thanks Olly for showing us the tracks in this great area - a great day out and even though this was quite a large group everyone had a great time with little waiting around and no damage to the jeeps.

AussieCJ7
21-09-09, 12:58 AM
Here is a video, the camera man needs lessons in hold a camera still and better framing but was my first go with the new toy. Anyone want more information on the camera it is a Flip Mino HD http://www.theflip.com/products_flip_mino.shtml#scene=sceneMain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls52tgkLlHQ

Martin hope you dont mind I included some of your pictures, I would love to get the full set at the next meeting

Peter thanks for a great day

BlakJaK
21-09-09, 07:43 AM
Wow! Great day, trip, tracks, trucks, report, photos and video!
I remain amazed at the ability of standard and minimally modified Jeeps (and Pootrols) and in awe of some of the shorties. Thanks a bundle to everyone involved.
Ash

Flatfender
21-09-09, 12:05 PM
Another enjoyable day out - Well organised by Peter as usual!
A well written trip report and some great photos.
To top it all off it was brilliant "topless" weather.
Thanks to all involved.
Cheers
Ian W.

D.K.
21-09-09, 02:03 PM
Hey AussieCJ7, nice vid.
Nice soundtrack - Whose the band and the name of that first (audio)track?

AJ
21-09-09, 05:38 PM
Looks like A great day out!! Awesome Video and Trip report too!! I'll definately be in for the next trip out there :D

SteveC
21-09-09, 07:05 PM
Sounded like a great day out. and very enjoyable Vid too. Super!!!

NT-Boy
21-09-09, 07:40 PM
Cool vid, great pics too. ;)

Looked like a great day out, Man ive gotta stop working weekends :'(

TRBN8R
22-09-09, 09:09 PM
Hi guys
Sorry for the delay in posting the pics of my travel with Roothy. I think i couldnt take many pics as shooting for a dvd is a repeating and time consuming process. But he turned out to be a very interesting person. here are some pics i took while on the shoot.

http://picasaweb.google.com/manmeet9574/Roothy?authkey=Gv1sRgCIuV-ODj3qzy8wE&feat=directlink

Cheers
Mani

AussieCJ7
23-09-09, 02:26 PM
Had a few people ask about the music in the video

The sound track was actually some royality free sound tracks I found through Youtube if you use main stream copy right sound tracks they put adds all over you video and have the right to remove it if the artist complains

I got them from www.audionautix.com (http://www.audionautix.com) and the tracks where called

"Rocker Chic" "Keep it Real" "Line of fire" and "The hunter" I am not sure of the artists